Friday, July 7, 2017

The One with the End of Preschool

It's a wrap. The end of homeschooling preschool. Looking back at this school year, I am so happy I chose to do this. It is very emotional because he is enrolled in my daughter's school for the up coming school year. I desire to homeschool, I'm going to keep praying that it will happen, but only if God allows it.
Looking back over this school year, I just enjoyed being with my son. I love and enjoy teaching him. It can be difficult at times, when he is not in the mindset of listening. It wasn't easy. But  anything worth putting time into is not easy. There is extra stress, less time of what I want to do. My focused seemed to be mostly about homeschooling. What to teach about? Then prep time to get it ready to teach. Then making sure to not neglect cleaning and laundry and other life chores. I'm just being real. If anyone adds anything to their life, there is an adjustment period. I felt like at times I was in an adjustment period and other times I felt like I got the routine down. The hardest part was taking a break for three weeks for Christmas break. I felt like it was very hard to get back into homeschool mode, not so much for me, but for Hezekiah. We were doing so Awesome before that, but then after Christmas break, it was hard to get him to focus. I wish I incorporated more field trips. The best was seeing him write letters on his own. I would think I taught him that! It was a great feeling. Seeing him draw shapes. I taught him that. Hearing him count. I pretty much kept everything we did together and created together. I am so proud of this time Hezekiah and I had together.


Today we celebrated Hezekiah ending Preschool. I wanted to do this last month, but the trophy didn't come in on time and we had to go to camp for my husband's youth group for two weeks. I made a slideshow to show his year in homeschool. I put my heart and Spirit into homeschooling him. I am happy I was his teacher and he was my Star Student. Some days we would cry together and some days we had perfect days of happiness. This year is probably my favorite year with you buddy, One that will stand out beyond the rest. You are gonna do amazing things in this world!

End of Preschool Slideshow

Mommy's Star Student Proud holding his Trophy earned for all his hard work this year

Mommy and her Star Student

No comments:

Post a Comment

The One with the End of Preschool

It's a wrap. The end of homeschooling preschool. Looking back at this school year, I am so happy I chose to do this. It is very emotiona...